Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Employee Spotlight

 DeVere Hunt

In 1998, RHS was established by Tony Bell LSW, Bruce Hampton LSW, and DeVere Hunt MS, CRC, CPRP. 25 years later Hunt continues serving our community through RHS as CEO.

“In high school, all of my friends needed counseling, so I went into the field and never looked back. I felt like I had a knack for helping people.”

This knack for helping people includes, but is not limited to, his assistances with crisis housing, managing the crisis centers, and putting on an annual mental health symposium and 5K fundraiser.

“I always felt like it was my obligation. My parents always taught me to give back to the community. That is where and why the symposium and 5K come in, as well as staffing the crisis centers both here in Idaho Falls and in Pocatello and the Center for Hope.”

This ability to multitask, such as run multiple companies and programs, shows in his varied interests.

“I recently became a certified scuba diver and went on my first scuba dive in Belize. I’ve done two cycling trips across Idaho, one in 2021 and the other in 2022, to help raise funds for Rifle Rated Armor for law enforcement, Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office and Twin Falls Police Department.”

Our local community is lucky he went into the mental health field instead of following a different passion or taking a scholarship to attend Dixie State University as a running back!

Lastly, some words of advice for those coming into the mental health field.

“I would say make sure you have your own mental health in a good, stable place, so that you know how to take care of yourself before taking care of others.”





No comments:

Post a Comment