Search This Blog

Thursday, July 18, 2024

EMPLOYEE SPOTLIGHT

Christy Walstad

What is your Job Title / Role at RHS?

Team Lead for ESMI STAR Program

How did you come into the Mental Health Field?

Discovered my interest when I transferred from a nursing major in college to social work major. 

Who inspired you to pursue this career choice?

I am motivated to help other people live their lives to the fullest potential, regardless of their circumstances or overall health issues.  I am strongly motivated to help younger generations such as children, adolescents, early adulthood due to the potential to initiate lifelong change that will impact each individual’s potential.

How important is it for you to work with our Southeast Idaho Community?

I have lived in Idaho Falls since 2001, enjoy the climate being milder than southwestern Montana where I grew up.  I love how friendly the people presented themselves when I arrived and continue to do the present day.  I now consider Idaho Falls my home and want to help others enjoy the area as much as I do.  I want to be able to assist other people access services, resources, and autonomy in southeastern Idaho.

What is something someone might not know about you?

I am an Awana leader for the children at my church.

What are some of your interests / hobbies?

Hiking, camping, swimming, tennis, scrapbooking, baking, and doing crafts.

What is the best advice you would give to someone just coming into this field?

Be patient with the population and give them a chance to show their true potential.  Always take care of yourself, because it is hard to take care of someone else when you are not taken care of first.




No comments:

Post a Comment