Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2024

Employee Spotlight

Itzel Labra

What is your Job Title / Role at RHS?

Licensed clinical social worker

How did you come into the Mental Health Field?

I took an introduction to social work class in college and immediately fell in love. This inspired me to double major and go on to get my masters degree in social work.

Who inspired you to pursue this career choice?

Definitely my advisors in college. They would hype me up constantly about my potential, and I didn’t believe them for a long time. But they helped me stay inspired to stay in the career.

How important is it for you to work with our Southeast Idaho Community?

It’s the most important thing for me. Being able to work for Southeast Idaho and seeing it grow and expand into what it is now has been amazing for me. I have loved experiencing how Southeast Idaho has tried so hard to bring mental health awareness to our community.

What is something someone might not know about you?

I am the valedictorian of Silly Goose University.

What are some of your interests / hobbies?

I absolutely love reading, watching scary and superhero movies, going on hikes, and spending time with my friends and family. I love being active with my family, yoga and other exercise.

What is the best advice you would give to someone just coming into this field?

The biggest advice I would give is that you will not go into this field immediately knowing everything and this does not make you inadequate or not enough. We are always learning especially in this field, and that is the most glorious part of the job. If you keep your mind open and accepting to feedback you will grow exponentially in this field not only emotionally but also in your communication.




No comments:

Post a Comment