Search This Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Focusing on the Positive

The New Year is now here and we often find it is time for resolutions and determination to change; as we reflect upon the past and look forward with hope to a bright future. This year as I was looking back and thinking upon the year, I found myself remembering all the things that I wished had gone different or had worked out better.  There have been many studies on gratitude and how it can change our brain chemistry to be happier as we learn to find the good in our lives. Knowing this, I found myself wondering if my year would not be better if instead of looking at all the things that went wrong, I focused on all the things that were good. The small things that made me smile or improved my world throughout the year, and then continued to do this in the new year, one day at a time. 

As I was looking for information on this, I found the idea of a "Good Things Jar" online and wanted to share it with everyone. By doing this, maybe together, we can have a better year and better brain chemistry as we focus on and identify the positive things now and in the upcoming year.  I hope that you are able to find something good in every day, even if every day is not good, and help to improve your mental health.
 
Best Wishes of a great new year to come,
Happy 2018!!
Kristy Goodson LMSW.

No comments:

Post a Comment