Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Employee Spotlight

Dave Homer, LCSW

What is your Job Title / Role at RHS?

I am an LCSW and a Psychotherapist at RHS.  

How did you come into the Mental Health Field?

I went to a camp when I was 16 years old that worked with people with disabilities, and I saw how much the social workers there helped, which made me want to help others like I was helped.  I also wanted to be in the military but couldn’t, so I decided that becoming a counselor would be my way of contributing to my country by helping veterans.    

Who inspired you to pursue this career choice?

I have had several people inspire me in my life but early on when I was in Junior high there was a coach who took time out of his day to talk to me and ensured that I felt like I was part of something.  This also happened again in high school with another football coach.   

How important is it for you to work with our Southeast Idaho Community?

I was born and raised here in Southeast Idaho and love it here. I always knew that I would come back here after college because I knew this was home. 

What is something someone might not know about you?

 I’m not sure if it is something people don’t know, but I am determined in life to do almost anything especially if someone tells me I can’t do it.  I usually will look at them and say something like “watch me” and do it anyway just to prove that I am able to do what people have always thought I couldn’t do.  

What are some of your interests / hobbies?

My main hobbies are anything outdoors.  I love camping, fishing, and hunting. I’m also a video game nerd and love playing video games.   

What is the best advice you would give to someone just coming into this field?

The best advice I could give someone coming into the field always make time for selfcare to prevent burnout.  



No comments:

Post a Comment