Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2016

Meet Our Staff - Heather

Rehabilitative Health Services would like to introduce Heather Moore, RN Supervisor and Board Member.


I received my Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Idaho State University in 2008.  Nursing is a second career for me as I used to work mostly in business before returning to college.  I worked for Melaleuca, Inc. for nearly a decade. I worked as a Special Event Planner and Administrative Assistant to many Vice Presidents and the President.  I had to travel a lot for Melaleuca, and I loved it very much.  I got to explore many places in the United States and Canada.  I left Melaleuca to spend more time with my family. In 1999, I became co-owner of Classic Wood Flooring, LLC with my husband.  I currently work as the Nurse Supervisor and sit on the board of directors at Rehabilitative Health Services.  I love working for RHS because it is a great company that cares for their employees. I have amazing co-workers and I get the opportunity to incorporate my business and improve my nursing skills.     

Where did you grow up? (Family, schools, town)
*I grew up in Idaho Falls, Idaho with my parents, two sisters and a brother and graduated from Idaho Falls High School (Go TIGERS!).  I later graduated from Idaho State University with my Bachelors of Science in Nursing. 

What does your currently family look like? (children, spouse, grandchildren)
*I have been married to my high school guy since 1991.  We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in April of 2016.  We have three wonderful and amazing children; Kyle (23), Sami (21), and Justin (15). 

Who is someone you admire professionally?
*I have always admired Katie Couric.  When I grow up, I would like to be an anchor on The Today Show and emulate her style of delivering the news.

What do you do in your free time?
*I love to spend time with my family.  We do many things together such as camping, fishing, dirt bike riding, bicycling, yoga, running, eating and traveling. 

What is one thing you are most proud of?
*My children

Biggest accomplishment?  
*No idea.  Being somewhat of a functioning person in our society is admirable. 

What is one professional skill you wish you had that you don’t? 
*Journalism

What are your retirement goals?
*I would like to travel A LOT when I retire and live with my spouse in St. George. 

What is one moto you live your life by?  
*"A champion is someone who gets up even when she can't" – Unknown

What was your most memorable vacation?
*Cabos San Lucas

If money was not an option where would you travel?
*Germany.  I use to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment